CPA Reciprocity Professional Development
Members who have been admitted into membership with CPA Ontario pursuant to Regulation 6-2 are required to complete the CPA Reciprocity Professional Development (CARPD) course within two years of their admission to membership date in order to remain in good standing.
The CARPD course consists of approximately 20 hours of online study in Canadian tax, law and ethics, in a modular form. Registrants will have to obtain a grade of 100% per cent on the quiz at the end of each module to be able to progress to the next module.
The total fee for the CPA Reciprocity Professional Development course is $1,011.35 ($895.00 plus HST).
How to Register for the CARPD Course
- Go to the CARPD registration portal.
- Enter your CPA Ontario ID and password and select “Sign On”.
- Select “Continue”.
- Review your profile information and complete the Declaration, then select “Proceed with Online Registration for CARPD”.
- To pay by credit card select the "M" registrant class from the “Registrant Class” dropdown menu. If you are mailing a cheque, select “SCHQ”.
- Review your registration details. If you register with a cheque payment, a zero dollar amount in the “Balance Owing” field will indicate that a cheque payment will be sent. Your registration will be updated once payment is received by CPA Ontario.
- For credit card payments, scroll down and enter the credit card information and select “checkout”.
- A confirmation will be emailed to you if we have a valid email address on file.
- To print an invoice, select "Confirmation of Registration" found on the bottom of the navigation panel of the main page and then print the document.
- You will be emailed online login instructions within two business days of registering for the CARPD course. This email will contain information on how to access the course on the CPA Canada Brightspace (D2L) platform.
To register, please login.