You are considered educated in Canada, outside of Ontario, if you are currently enrolled as a student at a post-secondary institution (PSI) in Canada, a graduate from a Canadian PSI outside Ontario, or a student registered with another CPA provincial body. If you are a student with another CPA provincial body and would like to transfer your student status to CPA Ontario, please contact your provincial body to initiate the transfer.
Beginning of Main Content
BECOME A CPA
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT ASSESSMENT REQUEST?
You can submit your transcript assessment request if you:
- have been awarded a degree from a post-secondary institution (official transcripts required).
- have completed your degree requirements and have not yet been awarded your degree (unofficial transcripts accepted until a degree has been awarded).
- are completing your final semester at a post-secondary institution (unofficial transcripts accepted until a degree has been awarded).
- are registering under the Mature or Conditional Mature Registration category.
Do not submit a transcript assessment request at this time if you are:
- a first, second or third year post-secondary student.
- a student in an Ontario CPA-accredited program.
- an internationally trained accountant.
- a previously deregistered student (email firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps)
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Before you submit your transcript, make sure you have all the required documents and information outlined below:
- Proof of legal name
- Academic transcript(s) showing Degree Conferral
- Supplemental documentation for academic assessment(s)
- Supplemental documentation for any criminal offences*
- Supplemental documentation for bankruptcy*
*Only required if submitting a combined application otherwise this will be required upon Student Registration.
The fee for your transcript assessment is $150 (plus HST) and you will be notified the assessment is complete within four to six weeks (six to eight weeks for international transcripts). Transcript assessment results are valid for one year from the date of the results. Once you have completed the online application, an official transcript from all post-secondary institutions you attended must be sent directly from Registrar’s Office, in a sealed envelope, to:
Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
130 King Street West, Suite 3400
PO Box 358
Toronto, ON M5X 1E1
Attn: CPA Ontario Transcript Assessments & Registration
SUBMIT YOUR TRANSCRIPT
Click the button below to sign up for My Portal and begin your journey to becoming a Chartered Professional Accountant.
Already Registered? Sign In Here