CMA Legacy Requirements
Am I a Legacy CMA Student?
You fall under this category if you:
- registered with CMA Ontario prior to February 1, 2015
- completed all the education components of the CMA program
- are completing your practical experience in iSkills
- maintained your status as an active student by paying the CPA Ontario Annual Student Fee (ASF).
Once you have completed all the requirements by the deadlines indicated below, you may be eligible for the CPA, CMA designation. For more information, refer to Regulation 6-1.
You have completed all the educational components of the legacy CMA program
You must complete your CMA legacy practical experience requirements by September 1, 2018. iSkills will not be available after this date, so it is imperative that you complete your practical experience by this date.
Deadlines to Apply for Membership
You may be eligible for the CPA, CMA designation if you complete all the requirements and meet the following deadlines:
- If you completed the Strategic Leadership program, you must apply for membership before the fifth anniversary of the date you passed the CMA entrance examination.
- If you completed the CMA for MBA Program, you must apply for membership before the fifth anniversary from the date you began the Master's program.
- You must apply for membership before the tenth anniversary of your transition date.
Once you have completed all the requirements and meet the deadlines above, you may apply for membership.